Science & Technology Technical Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2012450
Location: LINTHICUM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Science and Technology Technical Analyst,
who will support the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and
Engineering (OUSD R&E) and the Damage Assessment Management Office (DAMO)
Defense Industrial Base (DIB) Cyber Security Program to support the development
of a holistic approach for protecting the Defense Industrial Base technical
advantage to safeguard Controlled Technical Information (CTI) and advance
policy to evaluate the compromise of controlled technical information (CTI)
within the DoD enterprise.
Job duties include:
- Building upon current strategy, policy, and
guidance related to DoD Priority Modernization Areas to analyze gaps and
develop recommendations to strengthen the DoD technological advantage.
- Coordinating with OUSD(AS) and OUSD(RE), key
stakeholders in the intelligence and counterintelligence communities, other OSD
staff offices, and other Federal Agencies playing key roles in CTI protection
and damage assessment execution, planning, and response.
- Managing Technology Area Protection Plan (TAPP)
development and activities, including technology area decomposition, open
source research into emerging technology, analysis and protection planning to
determine critical priorities for protection.
- Integrating whole-of-government strategies and
policies for technology identification and protection into overall Science and
Technology (S&T) protection framework.
- Overseeing and coordinating subject matter
expert participation in technology area assessments.
- Developing and presenting briefings to senior
leadership on a regular basis.
- Analyzing large amounts of substantive data
(i.e., malware analysis reports, Wireshark pcap, computer forensic reports,
etc.) for relevance and impact.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor's degree
- 9 years of experience
- 2 years of experience in Systems Engineering
Plans, Test and Evaluation Master Plans, Critical Program Information
identification, or Program Protection Plan development/execution
- 3 years of experience with DoD weapons systems
- STRONG writing ability (i.e., end products
related to intelligence)
- Knowledge of Defense Industrial Base Cyber
Security policy, program protection planning.
- Basic understanding of cyber threats, such as
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs)
- Familiar with Boolean logic
- Familiar with using COTS/GOTS data manipulation
- Familiar with producing/conveying
presentation-worthy information to technically-inclined subject matter experts
for integrated product teams
- Cyber-intelligence experience (i.e., digital
- Graduate degree in an engineering field, or
experience within an engineering discipline
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability