Join SAIC’s data science team to assist a federal agency support trade, contribute to American economic prosperity and protect public health and safety with data analysis and modeling to build and maintain models to support business cases. This office supports the identification of capability gaps and operational requirements, acquisition and investment planning oversight, and staying in touch with new and emerging technology critical for executing and advancing the trade mission. This is a contingent position located in the National Capital Region of Washington DC.
The Data Scientist is responsible for data mining, data preparation, and reporting. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and conduct analyses and studies, needs/gaps assessments.
- Applies knowledge to determine the accuracy and reasonableness of the data, recommendations, and solutions proposed.
- Documents and summarizes the results and develops and recommended solutions to the customer’s problems.
- Prepares big data, implements data models developed by others, and provides database support for customer solutions.
- Key member of a data science project team, supporting data scientists or other consultants in the performance of assigned tasks.
Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research or other closely related scientific or technical discipline. A Master’s degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience. A PhD may be substituted for experience.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in applied data science research or big data analytics.
- Demonstrates knowledge of data mining methods, databases, data visualization and machine learning.
- Ability to communicate analysis techniques, concepts and products.
- Ability to develop data-driven analysis and reports based on data visualizations and data models.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory CBP Background Investigation, Secret or higher clearance may be required in the future.
- 10% Travel may be required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability