SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
SAIC is looking for a person to support the mission to safeguard and secure cyberspace in an environment where the threat of cyber-attack is continuously growing and evolving. The person will support the defense of the Information Technology (IT) networks from cybersecurity threats by providing continuous monitoring sensors (tools), diagnosis, mitigation tools, and associated services to strengthen the security posture of Government networks. The position supports the customer by monitoring and analyzing threat data and security events and incidents in a classified IT operational environment.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Performs system administration of specialized CND applications and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore.
Manages and administers the updating of rules, signatures, and custom content for specialized CND applications and systems.
Administers CND test beds and tests and evaluates new CND applications or tools, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of CND platforms. Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of any CND tools within the enterprise and develop recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
Creates, maintains, and refines network traffic flow diagrams for the enterprise network which reflect the current state of all security applications. Provides subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and management of signatures, rules and filters for specialized network defense systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
Provide recommendation on continuous improvement of the processes and architecture supporting the overall Cyber Defense operational activities including, but not limited to, analysis, incident handling and reporting products, and the reporting lifecycle
Identify and provide an agile approach to the automation of any manual or inefficient processes that exist across the cyber defense program
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience plus minimum 10 years of relevant experience is required
- Any cybersecurity certification such as Security+, CISSP, CISM, ISSMP, etc
- Experience with AWS, Xacta360 and Risk Management Framework
- 4 or more years of experience working in an operational Security Operations Center (SOC) as a cybersecurity professional, or amongst a team with responsibility for similar functionality and behavior.
- 4 or more years of hands-on experience working with industry standard solutions for some, or all, of the following: Security Information and Events Management (SIEM), Vulnerability Assessment and Management, Advanced Network Inspection/Analysis, Advanced Malware Detection, Data Loss (DLP), Incident Response, Forensics Tools, User Monitoring (UAM), and User Behavioral Analysis (UAB) solutions Deep understanding of network security products and techniques (Firewalls, ACLs, Radius, TACACS, etc.).
- Maintain familiarity with known vulnerabilities and threats.
- Knowledge of network monitoring and management tools (Splunk, NMPA, Naggios, etc.).
- Knowledge of Server and Database security.
- Solid understanding of encryption technologies and principles.
- Excellent problem solving skills a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
DESIRED: Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability