SAIC is looking for a Pyrotechnics Systems Support Engineer for the Human Lander System Program for NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston, TX. They will be focusing on lunar systems pyrotechnic systems specifically.
This is a fulltime position with the desired start date of October 1, 2020. This role will be based at JSC onsite in Houston, TX.
- The job will include supporting requirements development, design reviews, test and verification plans and other related technical reviews for pyrotechnic systems for the HLS vehicles.
The engineer will ensure design and build of pyrotechnic systems are in compliance with relevant NASA standards for human spacecraft.
The engineer will support multiple HLS vehicles being developed for NASA under prime development and manufacturing contracts.
The engineer will perform insight and oversight functions of the prime contractors’ system development and provide reports to NASA of pyrotechnic systems development status, problem resolution and other related technical areas.
The engineer will support problem resolution and provide recommendations for resolving technical issues.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- 7 years of experience in pyrotechnics hardware design, development, and testing.
- Experience in vehicle integration.
- Experience in reefing line cutter, mortars, gas generator, energy transfer lines, initiators, detonators, etc.
- NASA HSF (Human Space Flight) experience is a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust
- Potentially up to 10% (pending travel safety, necessity, and restrictions)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability