SAIC currently has a job opening for a Buyer II. Candidate will procure goods and administer purchase orders of moderate to high dollar value, risk, and complexity. Buyer will report directly to the Purchasing Manager.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
· Responsibilities include the development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures
· Administer and maintain Purchase Order files in accordance with all SAIC policies and procedures
· Closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management, including negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other subcontract provisions
· Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
· Recommends suppliers based on gathered information and may also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures
· Directly supports multiple ongoing Government Programs
· Provide support to proposal efforts
· Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives
A Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of related experience
· Excellent time management skills
· Solid communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors.
· Ability to prepare and conduct status briefings; prepare and staff weekly updates
· Strong team player
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
· Experience working under government procurement and Federal Acquisition Regulations
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.