SAIC currently has a job opening for a Buyer II in either Oak Ridge, TN or Cookeville, TN. Candidate will procure goods and administer purchase orders of moderate to high dollar value, risk, and complexity. Buyer will report directly to the Purchasing Manager.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
· Responsibilities include the development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures
· Administer and maintain Purchase Order files in accordance with all SAIVC policies and procedures
· Closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management, including negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other subcontract provisions
· Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
· Recommends suppliers based on gathered information and may also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures
· Directly supports multiple ongoing Government Programs
· Provide support to proposal efforts
· Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives
A Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of related experience OR an Associate’s degree and 6 years of related experience OR a High School Diploma and 10 years of related experience.
· Excellent time management skills
· Solid communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors.
· Ability to prepare and conduct status briefings; prepare and staff weekly updates
· Strong team player
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
· Experience working under government procurement and Federal Acquisition Regulations
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
· Experience in metal fabrication purchasing
· Previous team leadership experience
· Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability