SAIC is currently seeking an Senior Systems Administrator with SharePoint experience to join our team at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
Position is in support of the Information Technology Support Service III (ITSSIII) contract.
- Plans, manages, and executes all phases of SharePoint/Project Server systems development life cycle, with emphasis on design, development, documentation, administration, implementation and maintenance
- Provides support for migration for moving content from file share/legacy systems to SharePoint platform
- Migrates sites/content/configuration/web parts from older SharePoint version to latest version with the knowledge of migration tools and native migration approach
- Provides technical direction for performing software development tasks and reviewing work products for correctness and adherence to design standards (e.g user requirements, proof of concepts, information taxonomy, etc.)
- Ensures accurate translation of technical specification into program specifications
- Identifies user requirements, proof of concepts, metrics reporting, and custom components
- Provides technical assistance to less experienced personnel in the resolution of systems-related problems
- Serves as a point of contact for the client to help define inefficiencies and propose innovative solutions for enhancing processes
- Ensures the SharePoint infrastructure is managed to fulfill client's needs (e.g., ongoing maintenance and upgrades)
- Coordinates deployment and manages projects related to deploying new features
- Improves the quality of services of custom in-house and MS SharePoint based technical solutions
- Performs SharePoint, Windows, and SQL performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring, log analysis as well as document configuration, procedures, and policies
BS Degree in engineering, IT, or related field and five (5) years or more of experience (4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree)
Required Technical Skills:
- SharePoint Farm architecture and framework design
- Experience with site collections, custom site definitions and features
- Customize look-and-feel including master pages, templates, CSS, page layouts, etc.
- Thorough understanding of SharePoint functionality and standards
- Deployment and development experience
- Development models (e.g., server side, client side, and apps) HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, and Java script
- Workflows and Forms development
- Security and access/authentication models(NTLM, Kerberos, ADFS, SSL, etc.)
- Understanding of SharePoint App Model development principles
- Windows Server 2012/2016
Applicant selected must currently possess a minimum of an Interim Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability