Job ID: 2012352
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Senior Principal Program Acquisition Specialist to provide acquisition support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Special Programs Directorate (SMC/SP). SMC/SP equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
The position requires a candidate with in-depth experience with DoD program acquisition processes and documentation required for rapid prototyping (Middle-Tier Acquisitions - FY16 National Defense Authorization Act Section 804) acquisition planning and execution. The candidate will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (Program Managers, Contracting Officers, and external organizations). The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills.
• Provide expert advice to the Program/Project Manager and Senior Air Force Leadership regarding acquisition strategies, contracting, budgeting and execution.
• Develop/coordinate acquisition planning briefings and documents (e.g., ESIS, ASP, ASD, J&A, etc.).
• Develop/coordinate solicitation planning and execution documents (e.g., RFP, SOW, CDRLs, Incentive Plans, etc.), etc.).
• Develop/coordinate overarching program planning and execution documents as prescribed by/tailored from DoDI 5000.02, and relevant DoD, AF, and SMC policies that pertain to rapid prototyping.
• Draft technical evaluations.
• Provide technical and programmatic assessments of contractor design / milestone reviews to assess progress, risks and issues, and the ability to achieve mission requirements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.