Job ID: 2012352
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Senior Principal Program Acquisition Specialist to provide acquisition support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Special Programs Directorate (SMC/SP). SMC/SP equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
The position requires a candidate with in-depth experience with DoD program acquisition processes and documentation required for rapid prototyping (Middle-Tier Acquisitions - FY16 National Defense Authorization Act Section 804) acquisition planning and execution. The candidate will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (Program Managers, Contracting Officers, and external organizations). The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills.
• Provide expert advice to the Program/Project Manager and Senior Air Force Leadership regarding acquisition strategies, contracting, budgeting and execution.
• Develop/coordinate acquisition planning briefings and documents (e.g., ESIS, ASP, ASD, J&A, etc.).
• Develop/coordinate solicitation planning and execution documents (e.g., RFP, SOW, CDRLs, Incentive Plans, etc.), etc.).
• Develop/coordinate overarching program planning and execution documents as prescribed by/tailored from DoDI 5000.02, and relevant DoD, AF, and SMC policies that pertain to rapid prototyping.
• Draft technical evaluations.
• Provide technical and programmatic assessments of contractor design / milestone reviews to assess progress, risks and issues, and the ability to achieve mission requirements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability