Job ID: 2012329
Location: ROCKVILLE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is seeking a Release and Deployment Team Lead to manage a team of highly skilled individuals responsible for providing day-to-day operational support in the area of enterprise software testing, packaging, and deployment as well as management of the NRC's pre-production and testing environment.
Experience supporting software environments and release deployment in a similar environment (minimum of 4,000 workstations and 1,000 servers) and have orchestrated and executed complex releases and updates in both environments
Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) along with ability to manage the console, track deployments and reporting
Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
AGILE and ITIL expertise as well as experience in leveraging the applicable aspects of each discipline into a client's Release and Deployment processes
Experience identifying and offering improvements and enhancements to a client's Release process and to work with the client to implement changes
Demonstrated knowledge of programming constructs such as Visual Basic or PowerShell, so as to facilitate customized deployments
Experience acting as a liaison between a Release and Deployment team and other teams associated with workstation and server maintenance and operations
Experience preparing and maintaining communications templates for all deployment activities as well as operate and update web and/or SharePoint portals with associated information
Experience with multiple development methods and practices, specifically Agile and DevOps
Experience with Java, Python, C/C++, Windows, Unix (Linux, Solaris)
Required Skills and Experience:
· Proven leader who can effectively interact with others to accomplish tasks within tight schedule, ability to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Must possess good communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Willingness to adjust schedule to match the customer requirements
· Willingness to maintain open lines of communication with the customer to include telephone, internet messaging, e-mail and in-person.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) along with ability to manage the console and track deployments
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related discipline and 10 years of relevant experience
· US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
· ITIL Foundations v3 Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability