Job ID: 2012292
Location: WASHINGTON DC, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 23, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking Project Manager to support the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) 9.0 DDG 1000 and in our Washington, DC location.
PEO IWS 9.0 leads a professional and experienced organization that delivers the DDG 1000 Integrated Combat System (ICS) in support of new construction and modernization programs, as well as US Coast Guard Cutter Combat System acquisition and life cycle management services.
This position is contingent upon award of contract and may be temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will lead a team leveraging modern technologies, agile best practices, and domain expertise to bring continuous improvement to acquisition and integrated logistics processes. Across a particular PEO IWS customer group.
As principal point of contact for the contract, specific responsibilities include:
• Operational oversight and direction of technical staff to ensure activities align to customer priorities
• Regular communication and collaboration with government leads and stakeholders to apprise them of program and project status
• On-time submission of contract deliverables and artifacts, to include timely responses to ad hoc requests
• Mitigation of risks and issues that impact program and project performance
• Day-to-day management of staff, to include mentoring, hiring activities, and performance evaluation
• Corporate reporting on contract performance
• An active secret security clearance required
• Bachelors and at least 15 years or a Masters and 13 years substantial demonstrated experience with DoD Acquisition, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), and Product Support Management Support (PSM), in DoD program management, Industry or Government technical or business management.
• Significant demonstrated experience with DoD acquisition processes, in DoD program management, Industry or Government technical or business management across a full business cycle (such as resourcing cycle such as the FYDP, complete Acquisition Phase, complete Technology Transition, and Complete Implementation of Strategic Planning Guidance).
• Significant supervisory experience whereby cost, schedule, and performance commitments have been achieved.
• PMP or DAWIA Level II certification
• Significant experience with Combat/Weapons Systems and their host platforms (such as Ship, Submarine, Ground Mobile, Transportable, and Airborne operational environments). – OR –
• Significant experience with sensors (such as Radars, Sonars, Electro-Optical, Infrared, Active/Directed and Passive single and multi-source stand alone and netted sensors and their host vessels and combat systems, their interacting manned and unmanned vessels, and their operational environments across multiple mission areas. – OR –
• Significant experience in International Program Management including FMS Case Management and coordination with US Programs of Record. – OR –
• Significant experience with Combat/Weapons Systems and their host platforms (such as Ship, Submarine, Ground Mobile, Transportable, and Airborne operational environments).
• Well organized
• Superior attention to detail
• Can multi-task
• Quick learner
• Proficiency in entire Microsoft Office Suite, to include MS Project and SharePoint
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability