Job ID: 2012206
Location: WASHINGTON DC, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an Acquisition Analyst to support the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) 9.0 DDG 1000 and US Coast Guard at our Washington, DC location.
PEO IWS 9.0 leads a professional and experienced organization that delivers the DDG 1000 Integrated Combat System (ICS) in support of new construction and modernization programs, as well as US Coast Guard Cutter Combat System acquisition and life cycle management services.
This position is contingent upon award of contract and may be temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the client with meeting attendance/support, presentation development/support, publication support, correspondence, action item tracking/closure, and weekly reporting in support of assigned programs.
• Support the DDG 1000 ICS lifecycle from pre-Letter of Request requirements definition, Letter of Offer and Acceptance (LOA) development and implementation, through delivery of hardware and/or services.
• Develop and update Task Planning Sheets (TPS) for future FY planning, in addition to support for cost model development and out-year financial spend plans for case execution.
• Develop formal correspondence.
• Work with the DoD, Participating Acquisition Resource Managers (PARMs), field activities, Integrated Product Teams, Technical Teams, and various vendors to develop, identify, locate, support, acquire, and manage requirements.
• Assist in planning, preparing for, and supporting development of systems of systems engineering (SoSE), integration, interoperability, procurement and in-service sustainment of the DDG 1000 combat system in support of new construction and modernization programs.
• Track and monitor program metrics to identify areas for improvements and implements process improvements accordingly.
• Develop and execute program management and acquisition management strategies.
• Contribute to overall efforts in overseeing and conducting the Combat System Engineering, coordinating with Ship Acquisition Program Managers in PEO Ships, various Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) directorates, combat system and C4I component program offices, Technical Warrant Holders (TWHs), Ship Design Managers, Fleet commands and the Navy Operational Staff (OPNAV).
• An active secret security clearance required
• Requires bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience, and 6 or more years or Masters and four or more years of related government acquisition experience for Navy and US Coast Guard combat systems programs. This experience must include:
- Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) combat systems background with extensive fleet, test and evaluation, and acquisition experience, and understanding of the interrelationship of Program Office, COTF, OPNAV, DOT&E and other DoD and Navy activities' policies and interests
• Extremely well organized
• Superior attention to detail
• Can multi-task, learn quickly, and be team oriented
• Proficiency in entire Microsoft Office Suite, to include MS Project and SharePoint
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability