Job ID: 2012191
Location: LANHAM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Satellite Database Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
This is a system engineering position working with the Mission Operations Support team (MOST) on JPSS. Primary responsibilities include the following:
· - Become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the verification and validation of satellite databases to support the JPSS Mission Operations Support Team (MOST).
· - Support the MOST in meetings with vendors with regards to database contents.
₋ This includes coordinating with spacecraft, instrument, and ground system vendors.
· - Provide support during database installation and testing of post deployment checkout.
· - Coordinate with NASA I&T engineers to understand developments during spacecraft assembly.
· - Interface with other spacecraft Subsystem SME’s as well as Spacecraft and Instrument SME’s for database feedback.
· - Support the development of database-related software tools.
· - Support other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years or more related experience; Masters and 3 years or more related experience.
- Must be able to pass a Government background investigation.
- Spacecraft subsystems or operations experience in operations or I&T.
- Previous experience/proficiency with tools/languages such as XML, Perl, etc.
- MS Office skills required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability