Job ID: 2012186
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are actively seeking a Chief Systems Engineer
to fill a Full time position performing technical assessments and evaluations
of future GEOINT capabilities. The successful candidate will work in a team
environment to research, analyze, crosswalk levels of extant requirements
documents/RFCs, document findings, develop and staff the products to identify
gaps/deficiencies. They will also work independently to document those future
material and non-materiel solutions, perform analysis, document requirements,
control document development, and manage records from program development
through subsequent fielding to assess the program’s delivery of users’
specified capabilities. The contractor shall perform these analysis activities
in accordance with Capabilities Based Assessments (CBA) guidelines as part of the
“Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), and Intelligence
Community Capability Requirements (ICCR) processes.
(U) Responsibilities include:
· Document analysis of developing customer/stakeholder capability requirements, their prioritization and their relation to derived requirement in lower level system and segment requirements documentation.
· Monitor, assess, and report on the implementation of material and non-material solutions by NGA/NSG organizations.
· Review extant capability requirements and system requirements documentation relationships to include checks and crosswalk of hierarchical decomposition.
· Make database entries as required in designated G tools.
· Organize and coordinate meetings as necessary to support GEOINT capabilities activities, phenomenology assessments and technical matters relating to GEOINT programs to include TEMs, working groups and IPTs.
· Prepare briefings, white/position papers as required to support G and GFC tasks.
· Provide substantive, administrative, and research support to NSG capability requirements development, maintenance, approval and evaluation process.
· Research, develop, review, and staff capabilities documents in accordance with DoD (JROC), DNI (SRA/ICCR), and NGA/NSG processes for GEOINT capabilities to include phase one and phase two drafts/revisions, preparation and adjudication of comments via comments review matrices (CRM), validation/approval briefings and other appropriate means and shall prepare Capabilities documentation-derived formal validation briefings for appropriate venues in the DoD (JROC), DNI (SRA/ICCR) and NGA/NSG approval processes.
· Liaison with appropriate NGA and mission partner technical offices/staffs, and action officers whose portfolios cover GEOINT responsibilities.
· Research/review/coordinate on external sponsor’s capabilities documentation as required and in support of NGA’s position on those activities impacting NGA and the NSG and enter as appropriate into the NGA/OND Interoperability Assessment Process (IAP) tool.
· Prepare and maintain appropriate administrative databases and documentation to support GFC branch activities.
· Prepare, coordinate and finalize information and decision briefings to be presented by the Government at the GEOCOM and NSG capability requirements related fora and working groups.
· Record, draft, coordinate, and distribute reports, document drafts, and a variety of materials as directed by the government, in hardcopy, softcopy and post on the government INTERNET systems.
· Maintain libraries within NGA facilities of all minutes, briefing materials and reference materials as required by the government and any and all briefings or representations required for coordination among various members of the forums.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and twenty (20) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (15) years or more experience; PhD and ten (10) years or more experience.
(U) Skills and Experience:
· Demonstrated expertise in the formal documentation processes and procedures described in the CJCSI/M 3170.01-series publications covering the “Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS)”, the Capabilities Based Assessment (CBA) process and the DNI’s Intelligence Community Capability Requirements guidance and Compelling Intelligence Needs (CIN) process and the prior preparation of capabilities documentation under both processes.
· DoD/JCS Requirements Management Certification Training (RMCT) or equivalent.
· Demonstrated experience with DoD and IC oversight and acquisition processes.
· Demonstrated knowledge of NGA/NSG, NRO, or DoD and IC current and projected GEOINT programs and systems.
· Demonstrated specialized experience working with National System for Geospatial Intelligence NSG members and partners.
· Demonstrated specialized Government agency or military experience in GEOINT or all source intelligence processes and activities.
· Demonstrated knowledge of NGA’s current and futures needs process including the NGA Needs Database (NNDB) and Community Information Needs Forecast (CINF).
· Demonstrated understanding of NGA OND Interoperability Assessment Tool (IAP).
· Demonstrated understanding of Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC) Knowledge Management and Decision Support (KMDS) tool.
· Demonstrated understanding of the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency and the functional area of GEOINT, the geospatial intelligence mission and its contributions to the NSG community to include its requirements and acquisition processes.
· Demonstrated specialized experience with NGA’s technical and acquisition foray.
· Demonstrated expertise in capability gaps and requirements research and definition.
· Demonstrated expert skills in the analysis of requirements and provision of substantive comments on their relationship and impact with respect to extant capabilities documentation and programs.
· Demonstrated specialized experience with extant NGA/NSG capabilities documentation.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability