SAIC is seeking a Senior RF Test Engineer to support our EA-18G Product Support program at Point Mugu, CA.
The RF Test Engineer will work in the Systems and Integration Testing (SITS) lab performing RF and LF testing on EA-18G Growlers.
The RF Test Engineer will be responsible for using oscilloscopes to read and analyze a pulse or waveform
construct and determine of the pulse or waveform is correct and if not have the
ability to develop a new waveform. The Test Engineer will work as a member of the test team and will be responsible performing systems testing including development of test points, capturing data, performing analysis and writing Software Trouble Reports based on test results.
The RF Test Engineer is responsible for the designing, developing, and implementing testing methods and equipment. They will be tasked with planning and arranging the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. They provide test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed as well as the compilation of data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a similar related field and nine (9) years or more of experience; Masters and seven (7) years of experience; or thirteen (13) years of related experience without a degree.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- Experience with and be able to utilize MATLAB.
- RF background in low frequency communication is a prerequisite for this position.
- Must be able to operate a oscilloscope, and must demonstrate the ability to read and analyze a pulse or waveform construct and determine of the pulse or waveform is correct and if not have the ability to develop a new waveform.
- Must be able to work with a test team and must be able to perform systems testing including development of test points, capturing data, performing analysis and writing Software Trouble Reports based on test results.
- Must be proactive and able to work on a collaborative test team which works high priority system testing for a Navy Program.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced constantly changing test environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.