Job ID: 2012159
Location: FAIRMONT, WV, United States
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is the sole provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. This position is located in Fairmont, WV at the NASA
Katherine Johnson IV&V Facility.
SAIC supports NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will learn to work independently and as a member of the NASA IV&V's Technical Quality and Excellence (TQ&E) Team. The TQ&E Team's mission is to be a solution provider ensuring the delivery of high-quality IV&V services that enable success and guide the IV&V Program forward. TQ&E is the go-to source for answers, drives and infuses new initiatives and capabilities, and ensures the IV&V Program excels at providing value to our customers and stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities will include one or more aspects of the TQ&E Team's charter:
-Support IV&V projects in determining appropriate objectives and methods to enable IV&V execution and reporting.
-Ensure that best practices are shared between projects (and the inverse – that pitfalls are not shared).
-Drive updates to IV&V Program processes and ensures lessons learned, success stories, and best practices are captured in the appropriate IV&V processes.
-Provide guidance on IV&V method selection and application on IV&V Projects.
-Facilitates knowledge sharing and other program oversight functions to ensure transparency of IV&V
- Consult on and review work products relating to full life-cycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- May lead small teams of analysts in support of a new IV&V initiative or capability
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Participate in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Participate in the risk management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Projects and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V teams.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.