JOB DESCRIPTION: Provide network security and design, engineering and support for mission-critical applications and network management, in a managed services provider role.. Work with the Network and Security Service Delivery Manager, as the Security Lead to assure delivery of a highly secure network. This role will be responsible for the maintenance of the network security devices, while supporting the implementation of new systems, and infrastructure recommendations and upgrades in a dynamic environment. In addition the candidate will provide security and threat analysis and response, proactive threat monitoring, manage threat and vulnerability mitigation across multiple technical teams and provide appropriate communication regarding threats and response . Candidate will interface with key customer contacts, project managers, other service delivery managers and staff, subcontractors, support personnel, and other stakeholders. Directly execute security related projects, and operations activities. Interface with SAIC program and senior management in support of the achievement of service level, financial and technical objectives.
• 24X7 accountability for the security of the customer’s network and infrastructure deployment.
• Designs enterprise-wide security specifications, configurations and solutions. Possesses a deep understanding of customer’s enterprise architecture, network hardware, network design, security framework and security tools.
• Possesses an in-depth knowledge of technology and is able to present and advise the business implications of a particular solution or a change in technological direction. Is able to routinely apply business insights to guide and influence the design of technically robust solutions.
• Relied upon as an expert in relevant technical subject areas. Able to identify, evaluate, and selecting new products and recommend new technologies or equipment being considered for use.
• Communicates well in cross-functional group settings. Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate details to cross-functional teams. Is able to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms or in ways that are easy for others to understand.
• Establishes relationships with project managers and analysts. Presents alternative technical scenarios for consideration to resolve business issues.
• Participates in enterprise-level technical and architectural decision making.
• Provides leadership in proactively recognizing and resolving issues. Continually strives to improve customer’s technical security infrastructure and makes improvements in processes and practices.
• Assigns tasks and monitors the work of less senior engineers.
• Develops and provides regular reporting to customer and SAIC mgmt. team.
• Maintains network security through installation, configuration, and maintenance of access controls, firewalls, monitoring, IDS/IPS
• Works closely with the Information Security team to lock down critical resources and to monitor all systems for breaches.
• Maintains accurate diagrams and associated documentation.
• Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Strong understanding of NIST standards.
• Strong understanding of threat response and ability to lead response to threats.
• Strong understanding of industry-standard change control methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to design, document, test, and deploy security technologies
• Desire and ability to learn new technologies
• Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) and time management skills.
• Strong troubleshooting skills; candidates must be capable of analyzing and resolving complex technical problems.
• Ability to work with multiple project and work streams concurrently, with an ability to deliver work products on time and within budget.
• Ability to work on remote customer systems with no hands on ability.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Site to site VPN
• Remote access VPN
• Packet Capture/Analysis
• Network Address Translation (NAT)
• Layered Security Architecture and Defense in Depth
• Securing Data Center environments
• Securing Cloud environments
• Firewalls (Cisco ASA and Firewpower)
• Threat Analysis/Mitigation Techniques
• Packet Capture/Analysis
• IKE phase 1/phase 2 negotiation
• Network Architecture/Design
Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years’ experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
CCNP – Security, CISSP
Demonstrated technical experience and ability will be considered in lieu of certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability