The SAIC Digital Platforms Practice is seeking for an experienced business and technical leader for our Network Modernization Portfolio. The successful candidate will possess multiple years of experience in the communications and/or network industry in a sales-oriented, technical design, and engineering role, with an emphasis on IP-based network, communications, video solutions, and emerging network technologies.
Our Network Modernization Portfolio Director will develop and execute strategy, provide thought leadership, plan, and execute large implementations, and continue the ongoing improvement of the overall processes within the practice area. Strategy development will span internal solution roadmaps, campaign plans for specific markets, and technology modernization strategy for individual customers. This will require deep understanding of both the technology landscape and market dynamics, as well as the ability to look beyond the horizon to prioritize investment areas for additional networking capabilities.
· Provide robust solutions for interconnected components of complex network systems involving many other groups and organizations within SAIC and Customers.
· Work directly with the Commercialization and Managed Services organization to provide critical leadership and guidance in the service delivery process.
· Evaluate, and when necessary prototype, alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution.
· Prepare design and specification documentation that can be understood by technical, functional and business driven teams throughout the organization.
· Act as the champion for the components of the overall solution while working with other principal team members to ensure a collaborative approach is undertaken.
· Provide appropriate support to the documentation, support and training organizations related to solutions.
· Represent the Network Services portfolio in discussions with internal and external groups and organizations, including SAIC executive staff, vendors, industry organizations, etc.
· Leads technical cross functional and consultant team members assigned through transition of a project to network support operations to ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
· Provides technical leadership, coaching, and guidance on a continuous basis to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and issues management.
· Plans and facilitates cross-functional knowledge transfers between Engineering and Operations, provides phased project reviews to apply lessons learned and the implementation of best practices and repeatable processes to ensure quality integration and minimize customer impact.
· Build and foster relationships across all areas of the enterprise to achieve organizational goals
· Work across multiple departments to establish operational CONOPS and processes in relevant areas
· Assist department VP with higher level financial planning and management such as annual operating plans, time sold and utilization of team members, merit and bonus planning and budgeting
· Assist department VP with pipeline tracking and identification, to include tracking bids/sales of solutions
· Manage team member performance, to include promotions, ratings, salary increases, and bonuses, as well as disciplinary actions and remediation as needed
· Conduct business and technical briefings for senior executives and for external audiences
· 20+ years of Leadership experience, with progressive responsibility, including strategic planning and execution
· 5+ years leading highly technical, top performing technical teams
· 3+ years of experience managing remote, geographically dispersed teams
· Expert knowledge in the network landscape within U.S. federal markets
· Expert knowledge in the development of technical proposals
· Expert knowledge in data networks planning, design, implementation, and operations in complex global enterprise environments.
· Experience with network design (from conception through implementation, including large-scale routing protocol upgrades and network migrations)
· Experience with Network Security Firewalls, Intrusion detection, incident response and escalation, security policy articulation and compliance checking
· Experience with SDN design and deployment
· Experience with Network performance evaluation and optimization
· Experience with Infrastructure Project Management
· Experience in building scalable internetworks, building multilayer switched networks, and designing network service architecture.
· Expert knowledge of L2/L3 network design and protocols
· Expert knowledge of network security
· Basic understanding of datacenter compute, storage, and virtualization technologies
· Basic understanding of commercial CSP offerings
· Strong experience in creating, performing, and documenting technology solutions.
· Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability, to include leading through significant organizational change
· Expert level written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to customers and executive leadership
· U.S. citizenship is required & candidate must be able to obtain and maintain up to a DoD Top Secret clearance as a condition of continued employment.
Strongly Desired attributes:
· IT product management experience
· Advanced certification from at least one major networking vendor
· Experience developing network solutions for multi-cloud and hybrid on-premises/cloud environments
· Experience developing edge network solutions and systems for the tactical edge
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability