Job ID: 2012129
Location: GREENBELT, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2020
Category: Quality Assurance
Subcategory: Qual Assurance
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking experienced Sr. Quality Engineers to provide quality assurance oversight support on a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) instrument being manufactured at GSFC. The chosen candidate will work in the integration and test facility assuring the project is in compliance with NASA requirements and technical risks are maintained at an acceptable level. Work is primarily performed on space flight hardware.
Support is required for an instrument built locally. This position provides support in the implementation of Mission Assurance Requirements (MAR) during the integration and test of the instrument through independent surveillance, audit, review, and assessment of the full spectrum of mission development activities.
Specified activities include:
· Support possible shift work and/or weekend work Integration and Test of instrument during some phases of the project.
· Review key contract deliverables/products and monitor compliance to plan and procedures. Review results/status from the quality audits, corrective actions, and metrics.
· Support Project milestone reviews, peer reviews, and project reviews, providing NASA assurances to requirements and readiness as appropriate.
· Communicate and ensure resolution of all noncompliance issues and/or risks. Support project discrepancy board meetings, tracking discrepancy reports, change requests, and action items throughout integration and test. Provide Quality Engineering inputs to nonconforming product dispositions and corrective actions.
· Provide weekly and monthly reporting to customer, providing additional inputs as needed to assist in customer presentations.
· Support activities including witnessing, handling, receiving inspection, performing or monitoring inspections and tests, reviewing documentation, and coordinating and participating in problem and failure reporting/resolution.
· Witness compliance with various procedures and requirements documents, including contamination control, clean room activities, handling equipment (slings, cranes, hydrosets), hazardous operations, and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) control.
· Ensure approved drawings and procedures are used.
· Ensure equipment calibration is in compliance with requirements.
· Prepare for (e.g. analyses, presentation materials, and other documentation) and participate in Material Review Boards (MRB), Configuration Control Boards (CCB), Failure Review Boards (FRB), and design reviews.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Required Education/Experience: 10-15 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree. Previous Goddard experience is preferred. Please note that one of the positions requires a strong electronics background. The candidate will need to do workmanship inspections.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability