Job ID: 2012121
Location: FLEXWORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC will be working with AMCOM to develop predictive and descriptive models and dashboards to support decisions in supply chain management, such as demand forecasting and inventory planning. The goal is to leverage AMCOM’s data to derive insights that can improve their efficiency in supplying parts to their customers. The project will start with a focus on the supply chain for Apache Helicopter parts, formulating and proving the methodology to later expand to other systems.
The core components to be developed for the project include: predictive models, dashboards for visualizing results and other data analysis, and back-end software and hosting to support the data pipeline.
The Senior Logistics Engineer will help the data science team understand the various logistics and supply chain indicators and linguistics. He or she will coordinate and provide feedback on how the algorithms are developed and the data that is required to make decisions in logistics and supply chain programs. The Senior Logistics Engineer will be a major player in driving the success of this program, which will have great strategic impact for SAIC. He or she will have substantial interaction with the customer, SAIC Project Manager, and Data Science team. He or she will work with AMCOM to determine how best to approach their problems with data science and AI, and consistently communicating technical progress and results. He/She will co-lead the technical effort with the SAIC team, evaluating predictive models and analysis and collaborating with data scientists to create visualizations and reports that will allow for improvement of the logistics and supply chain processes. Will provide subject matter expert (SME) support to the development of dashboards and algorithms with the focus on logistics business analytics. Will support the training and transition to sustainment operations.
· Leads the team throughout development of the technical solution, from planning to execution, focusing on how best to improve visualizations and reports for logistics item managers.
· Consults and collaborates with the customer to ensure that analysis and models address the right questions, shaping the technical vision to satisfy customer needs.
· Evaluates and provides predictive models with supply chain data (Ex: demand forecasting, inventory planning).
· Explores and assesses datasets and determines what types of data will be most impactful for the customer’s mission, and collaborates with other data scientists to develop them.
· Works with the data scientists/analysts to develop visualizations, dashboards, and analytic reporting.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability