Job ID: 2012098
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Description: The Principal Systems Engineer (SE) provides technical and advisory support to government customer’s engineering activities. Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of SE practice areas including Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal, Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement; Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and/or Quality Management.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
· Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
· A broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, to include stakeholder requirements definition and analysis, fit gap analysis, implementation, integration, verification, transition, validation, project planning, project assessment and control, decision, risk, configuration and quality management.
· Self-starter and independent, with high attention to detail. The successful candidate needs to be a “big picture” person who can see where and how each task fits into the overall concept and strategic objectives.
· Must be able to thrive on a high visibility effort in a highly dynamic team environment, working in potentially large group settings. Must be comfortable in actively participating and, as such, must have excellent communication skills and have demonstrated experience in cross-program/cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability