NETCOM OMDAC-SWACA NETWORK ADMIN SR, SITE LEAD OCONUS (Bahrain)
Job ID: 2012090
Location: , Bahrain
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Network Admin Sr/Site Lead to support an Army customer in Bahrain. This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Bahrain.
- Responsible for providing technical and operational support for managing, monitoring and maintaining situational awareness of networks.
- Provide technical and operational requirements to improve performance and quality of service for all networks.
- Analyze and perform troubleshooting of networks, to include router, firewall, Promina, and switch management and configuration.
- Exercise network security policies and procedures, and identify possible faults by using network analysis tools and observation techniques.
- Troubleshoot network outages to include routing abnormalities, firewall outages and blocks, and optimization of traffic flows.
- Support in the troubleshooting and isolation of LAN routing and switching incidents as they occur and create, track and update trouble tickets as necessary.
- Serve as the section leader. Provide guidance and oversight to less experienced personnel. May serve as the Site Technical Lead.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- AS or equiv 6+ years experience with voice, data and LAN communications systems.
- Experience with NIPR, SIPR and RIPRNet and associated equipment to include switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Government network accreditation requirements.
- VOICE - call manager and unified communications system tools, VoIP/VoSIP
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: CCNA
IT LEVELS/8570 CERT REQUIRED: IT II and IAT II
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS: ITIL Foundations, CCNP, DSCS
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have an active Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.