SAIC has an opening for an Accounting Analyst position within the Project Setup department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to advanced Costpoint project setup and analysis and to interact with various other areas within FSS.
This position will be responsible for end-to-end project setup activities including initial contract review, determining project setup requirements, and continued project maintenance. The responsibilities encompass the Costpoint system setup of projects with a major focus on the analysis of programs that could be comprised of various contract types to include Cost Plus, Time Material, Work-In-Process, Fixed Price, and Inter-Company. It is imperative that the applicant understands that the Project Setup team serves internal customers as a mediator, as a knowledgeable expert regarding the functions of project setup to include what inputs impact billing and revenue, and as a valued researcher from all points within the lifecycle of a contract.
The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of project setup activities. This includes understanding, interpreting, and analyzing intermediate level contracts and proposals in order to gather requirements to design a project setup configuration that meets billing, revenue recognition, reporting requirements, and various ad hoc duties.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
• Financial contract review and analysis
• Evaluate and perform project setup change requests via internal ticketing tool
• Provide information to other functional areas to assist in the effectiveness of project setup activities
• Create and maintain less complex to intermediate direct and indirect project structure/information
• Provide customer service to other functional areas
• Coordinate and lead new project setup meetings
• Collaborate with multiple functional areas at all leadership levels
• Analyze billing and revenue issues and provide solutions that adhere to policy
• Resolve discrepancies and inaccuracies that will aid in proper billing to our external customers and revenue reporting to the SEC
• Candidate must be able to multi‐task in a fast-paced environment with moderate supervision, which will require a flexible schedule and occasional overtime
• Candidate must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
• Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication
Required Education & Experience:
• 3+ years of related work experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline is required
• Education may be substituted with two to four years of work project accounting experience
• Experience in Government Contracting. Previous exposure to SAIC policies and procedures and experience with Deltek Costpoint highly desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability