The Principal Cloud
One Azure Engineer is a member of the SAIC Cloud One Operations and
Sustainment Dev Sec Team focused on site reliability engineering. This
candidate will be part of a team responsible for the architecture
design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One Azure
environments. This is remote work that may be performed from any location
within the United States
- Design Azure environments and topologies, all aspects
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to Azure
- Deploy hybrid AWS/Azure Active Directory environments
- Azure security and monitoring solutions implementation, including
- Tools and Automation (scripting – Terraform, ARM templates)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware
and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Respond to customer requests promptly
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and
- Provide technical assistance and training to users and other team
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of related experience with a Bachelor’s
degree in Computer Science related discipline or seven (7) years of
experience with a Master’s Degree. Additional education may be
considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three (3) or more years of experience providing similar operations
and sustainment support for the AF CCE/Cloud One program or similar types of
- In-depth understanding of, and experience with, deployments of
various systems to Azure.
- Experience with networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure
- Demonstrates verbal skills with subject matter ability to present
on all aspects and features of Azure.
- Experience mentoring Cloud Engineers.
- Experience working on integrated teams requiring high levels of
customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and involvement in
- Demonstrates written skills documenting design, asset inventory,
diagrams, and presentation materials.
- Experience with DevSecOps, Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern
software development methods/practices
DESIRED EDUCATION AND
- Experience with JBOSS Fuse and Apache NiFI
- IAT II Certification (or equivalent)
- MCSE or MCTS, Azure certifications (AZ 100, AZ 500, and/or other
AZ series exams, 346/7 are bonus), Azure Assessments
- Interim Secret Clearance with ability to obtain an active Secret
Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Note Top Secret
meets SSBI requirements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability