Come join the SAIC team, a leader in test and evaluation innovations at TSA. Be part of a team that has helped to evolve TSA’s test and evaluation techniques since the inception of the agency in 2002. Make a difference in the health safety of both travelers and security officers while ensuring taxpayers are getting their money’s worth. This is a contingent position located in the National Capital Region of Washington DC.
The Test Article Development Lead directs a team that is responsible to define x-ray image quality standards and convey results.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for work with Government agencies and other stakeholders to define x-ray image quality standards and convey results.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering laboratory and production functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of x-ray image quality.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess control and manage risks of product quality and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Audits quality systems for development acceptance criteria and ensures that corrective measures and deviation meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Manages technical, cost, and schedule of assigned tasks and has frequent interface with task leaders, subcontractors, support personnel and customer.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years with Transportation Security Equipment testing and knowledge of the Acceptance Testing processes.
- Additional education and experience requirements: High School + 9 yrs relevant experience Associates + 7 yrs relevant experience Masters + 3 yrs relevant experience PhD + 0 yrs relevant experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Project Management experience.
- Ability to or currently holds SECRET clearance.
- Certification in lean and six-sigma quality methodologies is preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability