SAIC is seeking a Data Management/System Architect with a TS/SCI Polygraph for a customer collaboration network in Chantilly, VA. This architect will maintain current data feeds to the customer collaboration network in addition to identifying and engineering solutions to bring additional data sets onto the network. This individual will also transform and store the data in a format that can be utilized by custom applications.
Responsibilities may include:
- Identifying appropriate data sources
- Negotiating with data owners for disclosure, access and release
- Understanding and establishing access, storage, audit and release requirements
- Establishing necessary information management protocols and bus technologies (AMQ, Kafka)
- Determine processes to organize and store data, identify user requirements, create databases, test, visualize and coordinate modifications to DBMS (Postgres, Elastic Search, Kibana)
- Programming in Python or Java
- Information transformation
- Transforming source data into a form that facilitates processing, exploitation and dissemination
- Familiarity with Big Data Storage, Messaging, and Processing techniques such as Hadoop (HDFS, YARN/MapReduce, Hive, etc.), ClouderaSuite/HortonWorks Data Platform (to include Accumulo), and NiFi.
- Establishing standards for processing and storage steps (Ingest, Persist and Disseminate)
- Processing heterogeneous data types (raw, processed, alerts, etc.)
- Work closely with the customer collaboration network IT team to define network, storage, and processing requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in software engineering specializing in data/database design and management with a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous working experience in government or industry, in Data Management
- DBMS experience, (PostGres, Elastic Search, Kibana)
- Familiarization with current technologies (Cloudera, Atlassian, Spring, Kafka, NiFi, Camel, ELK)
- Current CompTIA Security+
- Previous working experience in government or industry in Data conditioning (extraction, transformation, loading, etc.), metadata and standards
- Previous working experience in government or industry, with Database administration to include; data indexing, search & retrieval, Parallel processing (Hadoop, NoSQL D/B, Spark)
- Previous working experience in government or industry, determining data storage requirements
- Active TS/SCI clearance with/Poly
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability