SAIC is seeking a Data Management/System Architect with a TS/SCI Polygraph for a customer collaboration network in Chantilly, VA. This architect will maintain current data feeds to the customer collaboration network in addition to identifying and engineering solutions to bring additional data sets onto the network. This individual will also transform and store the data in a format that can be utilized by custom applications.
Responsibilities may include:
- Identifying appropriate data sources
- Negotiating with data owners for disclosure, access and release
- Understanding and establishing access, storage, audit and release requirements
- Establishing necessary information management protocols and bus technologies (AMQ, Kafka)
- Determine processes to organize and store data, identify user requirements, create databases, test, visualize and coordinate modifications to DBMS (Postgres, Elastic Search, Kibana)
- Programming in Python or Java
- Information transformation
- Transforming source data into a form that facilitates processing, exploitation and dissemination
- Familiarity with Big Data Storage, Messaging, and Processing techniques such as Hadoop (HDFS, YARN/MapReduce, Hive, etc.), ClouderaSuite/HortonWorks Data Platform (to include Accumulo), and NiFi.
- Establishing standards for processing and storage steps (Ingest, Persist and Disseminate)
- Processing heterogeneous data types (raw, processed, alerts, etc.)
- Work closely with the customer collaboration network IT team to define network, storage, and processing requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in software engineering specializing in data/database design and management with a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous working experience in government or industry, in Data Management
- DBMS experience, (PostGres, Elastic Search, Kibana)
- Familiarization with current technologies (Cloudera, Atlassian, Spring, Kafka, NiFi, Camel, ELK)
- Current CompTIA Security+
- Previous working experience in government or industry in Data conditioning (extraction, transformation, loading, etc.), metadata and standards
- Previous working experience in government or industry, with Database administration to include; data indexing, search & retrieval, Parallel processing (Hadoop, NoSQL D/B, Spark)
- Previous working experience in government or industry, determining data storage requirements
- Active TS/SCI clearance with/Poly
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.