Join SAIC’s team to assist the Federal Health agencies such as Veteran Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and Federal Drug Administration (FDA) implement an integrated system supporting health systems and facilities to deliver a single modernized system. The team will transition existing and proposed systems while maintaining IT service and support capabilities supporting large number of personnel who support the continuum of health services. This is a contingent position located in San Antonio, Texas.
The Program Manager will lead support to the Government Program Management Office (PMO) in the management of the portfolio of IT projects and programs within the Integrated Environment, including all IT projects. Program Manager will manage teams of personnel conducting Solution Request Management, Service Portfolio Management, and Project Management. Additionally it provides oversight for On-Going Programs activity, deliverables and milestones.
Specific roles and responsibilities can include:
- Program Management Office manages the portfolio of projects and programs within Enterprise IT, including the Integrated Service Providers and any Customer projects, to include planning, schedule management, cost management, quality management, risk management and the execution of their programs, projects, or initiatives.
- Communicating with Customers and Governance on activities in the Enterprise IT environment including cross-project resource contention and dependencies.
- Align with and account for the standards and processes of the Government Project Management Office, accounting for the required reviews and approvals of these processes.
- Direct the project activities within the Project Management practice, including providing project and program management support for cross-service provider projects.
- Provide analysis of project elements across different projects and report to Government, Governance and Customers on variances in projected costs and timelines.
- Provide forecasting for project resource utilization in support of Demand Management, Service Portfolio Management, and Workforce Management.
- Manage the enterprise toolset for Project Portfolio Management which provides a common and standard view of all IT projects in the Enterprise IT Environment, for the use of federal agency, Customers, Integrated Service Providers, and other vendors.
- Assist Customers in proactive management across the service life cycle, including those services in the concept, design, and transition phases, as well as live services defined in the service catalog and those services that are retired or being sunset.
- Conduct and maintain an inventory of the operational services (e.g. those in the Service Catalog), proposed services (service pipeline), and decommissioned services (retired services).
- Maintain the services in a Service Portfolio database system for access by authorized users and the Government.
- Report to the Government all service portfolio updates, additions or other changes, in accordance with the SMM.
- Integrate reviews and approvals required in from the Government for the management of the life cycle of services.
- Regularly identify and validate all proposed new services and existing services, and provide recommendations to the Government on changes to the portfolio of services.
- Work with prospective new Service Providers to plan, develop, and onboard new services to be part of the Integrated Services.
- Implement and manage the practice for Project Management across the Integrated Service Providers, as approved by the Government.
- Plan and coordinate the Integrated Service Provider resources to implement a major deployment or release (project) within the predicted cost, time, and quality estimates; and to ensure that issues and risks that inhibit success are managed.
- Provide Project Management for all cross-domain projects or programs. Manage an integrated project plan where there are multiple projects or cross domain services.
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Previous experience in VA, DHA, and/or FDA strongly preferred
- Experience managing a PMO for an Enterprise IT environment including Integrated Service Providers
- Experience in executing the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) framework including best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Agile, Scrum and DevSecOps.
- ITIL certification required
- PMP certification required
- Must have Secret clearance.
- CONUS/OCONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability