Join SAIC’s team to assist the Federal Health agencies such as Veteran Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and Federal Drug Administration (FDA) implement an integrated system supporting health systems and facilities to deliver a single modernized system. The team will transition existing and proposed systems while maintaining IT service and support capabilities supporting large number of personnel who support the continuum of health services. This is a contingent position located in San Antonio, Texas.
The Chief Operations Manager has oversite of all 24x7x365 operations for delivery of Contractor Services, including Event, Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Request. Including the use of Service Management System (SMS) and compliance with the SMM.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Familiar with and have experiences in AIOps and intelligent automation frameworks in enterprise IT operations
- Experience in managing enterprise level global service desk and network operations
- Provide an effective means of using industry recognized methods to determine, measure and monitor enterprise IT services, Service Desk staffing levels, requirements and allocations.
- Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Manage teams use of Government-furnished ITSM system and Service Management System (SMS) to assign categorization, severity, and prioritization. Provide first-line investigation and triage in an attempt to resolve Customer issues. Escalate Incidents and Service Requests that are not resolved within the agreed upon Service Levels. Promote efficient use of Service Desk resources through Continual Improvement process.
- Investigate related Events and Incidents to provide analysis for correlation of Events and Incidents for proactive actions.
- Ensure that any proposed hardware or software meets DoD IT security requirements.
- Secure the portions of the SMS that maintains information on the SIPRNet Environment.
- Conduct/attend walk-throughs and/or meetings where the SMS are discussed, as directed by the Government.
- Manages large size program staff that includes subcontractors or suppliers and task or project leads.
- Leads internal cross-functional team to modernize the enterprise IT and transform the IT services to the IT as a Service model
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Previous experience in VA, DHA, and/or FDA strongly preferred
- Experience managing teams in multiple areas of Enterprise IT environment:
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- End-User Support Tool
- Server/Service Monitoring
- Event Management
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Policy Services • Operating System Management
- Active Directory
- Data At Rest
- IT Service Management
- Log Management
- Security Tools
- User Persona Management
- Wireless Management
- Experience with managing a tiered support structure to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) supporting service delivery and support.
- Experience managing a 24/7/365 operation with at least 50,000 calls per month.
- Experience in executing the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) framework including best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Agile, Scrum and DevSecOps.
- ITIL V3 certification required; ITIL V4 preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- AWS, Azure, and/or ServiceNow certification preferred
- Must have Secret clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- CONUS/OCONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability