About the Position: SAIC is hiring a Systems Engineer (MBSE) to support our NAVAIR Systems Engineering Transformation (SET) team, using Systems Modeling Language (SysML). The selected candidate will be responsible for the implementation of model structures and elements supporting the NAVAIR effort in specific modeling focus areas, designated programs, and project modeling activities. This is a mid-level/Journey position.
The team is based out of Patuxent River, MD; however, this position has potential to be worked remotely.
About the Program: The Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) has undertaken an organization-wide initiative to reengineer the entire systems acquisition process, incorporating the latest approaches in Digital Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), and requiring sets of related models that describe and analyze the desired systems. The initiative requires experts, with a variety of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) skills, who can develop creative solutions to complex systems engineering challenges.
Discover why SAIC is right for you:
- SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets.
- We are integrators, collaborators, and problem solvers. From imagining the best the future can be to envisioning new paths to get there, SAIC sees the world differently.
- Our purpose is to advance the power of technology and innovation to serve and protect our world.
- At SAIC we value career advancement opportunities, a flexible and caring work environment, and work that contributes to some of the world's most innovative projects.
- We’re a company that fosters a culture of engagement, collaboration, and achievement. The solutions we deliver to our customers come from the ideas and creativity of our people, no matter who they are or where they come from. Because we believe that is how we achieve success for ourselves and those we serve.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain SysML models in support of the NAVAIR MBSE SET effort.
- Review existing models and documentation to determine compliance with best practices in systems engineering, modeling, and MBSE.
- Review and characterize new or updated technologies for possible incorporation into NAVAIR MBSE efforts.
- Provide guidance to junior system engineers and modelers in model development, including detailed advice related to the use of their expertise to resolve model development challenges.
- Collect and verify information to be included in modeling efforts, in coordination with program stakeholders and team members.
- Engage with program and project leadership to maintain communication and to provide effective recommendations for MBSE implementation.
- Maintain proficiency and expertise in the most current MBSE concepts, tools, techniques, and practices.
- Communicate program efforts, issues, and consequences to NAVAIR SET Team leadership.
Required Education & Experience:
- A BS or BE degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline.
- 3 years of experience in developing SysML models at the project and system level.
- Experience with requirements modeling, use-case analysis, interface representation, parametric definition, or profile creation using SysML and Cameo System Modeler, Cameo Enterprise Architect, or MagicDraw.
- Knowledge of one or more of these concepts as they apply to SysML: inheritance, aggregation, metadata chains, design patterns, loose coupling, high cohesion, abstraction, value properties, and methods.
- Experience in and understanding of Systems Engineering concepts.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim DOD Secret clearance prior to start date.
- OCSMP Certification as Model User or Builder
- DAU Acquisition Certification as Engineer I or higher
- INCOSE Certification as ASEP or CSEP
- DoD Acquisition Workforce experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability