Job ID: 2011850
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2020
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Trainer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a unique range of experience with organizational training, LMS development, creation and editing of digital training videos, and presenting experience. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work with clients to define requirements for solution development of large-scale deployments in video communications.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Work with developers, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and other trainers through the applications development lifecycle, integrating end-user training into the lifecycle.
• Responsible for the development and delivery of end-user training as well as the development of training material to support a suite of custom software applications.
• Produce training materials such as user guides, quick reference guides, instructional videos, and brown bag presentation materials.
• May require some instructor-led training to support personnel, leadership, and end users.
• Conduct train-the-trainer classes for teams of trainers and end-users and to provide technical support to end-users.
• Responsible for specifying and setting up scenario-based business examples in a web application training environment.
• Facilitate understanding of how the application supports a business process and interfaces with other applications within an organization.
• Experience training Help Desk personnel and or providing content for Help Desk Knowledge base tools that are used to resolve customer issues related to transaction processing applications or certification as support center analyst.
• Up to 50% travel to government facilities around the continental US may be required.
• Socialize new application features to end-users and obtain feedback, new requirements.
• Promote applications’ usage and growth through creative ‘marketing’.
• BS Degree preferably in Information Technology or other technology field and 0-3 years' experience or combination of education and experience
• Detail oriented with excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills
• Able to multi task and excel in a fast paced on-time deliverable environment
• Welcome changing requirements, even late in development
• Must have the oral presentation skills and be able to present in a large group/classroom setting
• Must have ‘Can Do – Professional Attitude’ and be a TEAM player
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to thrive in a busy, deadline driven atmosphere.
• Preferred experience conducting instructor-led training, creating e-learning courseware, and developing training materials for custom-developed software web applications.
• Proficiency in the creation of computer-based training videos using tools similar to Adobe Captivate.
• Technical writing and requirements documentation experience a plus.
• Clearance - Must be able to obtain a CBP Public Trust to start work.
• Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
• LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria) with Travel
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability