Seeking a Data Analyst to work at United States Transportation Command's (USTRANSCOM) Logistics Sustainment Division to begin an exciting a challenging career with SAIC.
USTRANSCOM's mission is to provide full-spectrum global mobility solutions and related enabling capabilities for supporting customers' requirements. As a member of a team of technical and functional logistics experts, this position requires an individual to be able to perform development of reports and metrics using data extracted from numerous DoD logistics systems. The primary tools used are Cognos and Teradata(SQL). The right applicant will be responsible for producing and maintaining dashboards and/or reports for sustainment metrics and analysis.
· Support business analysts and developers on project teams as they document their data requirements and establish thorough specifications
· Conduct facilitation sessions to gather requirements
· Build logical models
· Work with database administrators to build the physical model and overall data architecture
· Review and report on project metrics to benchmark effectiveness
· Work closely with database administrators and developers to ensure that business models are accurately implemented in application systems
· Provide education on the naming and modeling standards; assists with modeling specific constructs
· Review project models to ensure adherence to standards
· Ensure data quality alignment
· Work on and across multiple projects to ensure consistency in naming conventions and promotes the sharing and reuse of data across applications and business areas
· Contributing to data management internal projects as well as the upgrading of standards and best practice guidelines.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business or a technical area with 4 years of experience (2 years with a Masters). Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Dashboards, Congos Framework Manager
- Experience with Cognos v11 Report Builder
- Understand and be able to implement star schema data models from relational databases
- IBM Data Pak or similar ETL software
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure experience
- Analytics using Python is a plus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability