SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Help Desk Technician/Site Lead to support an Army customer in Afghanistan. This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located at OQAB, Afghanistan.
Operate the customer support help and work order desk supporting the Incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes. Focal point for reporting all incidents (disruptions or potential disruptions in service availability or quality) and user POC for Service Requests (routine requests for services).
- Facilitate problem resolution by monitoring and reviewing tickets, gathering information on outages, and updating service tickets throughout the resolution process in order to provide the customer with feedback and/or resolution information as needed.
- Help Desk personnel shall identify the nature of the call and attempt initial troubleshooting. If the repairs cannot be made by the Help Desk technician a work order shall be opened and sent to the appropriate IT work center for action.
- Responsible for ownership of Incident (Remedy) tickets from start until resolution, confirmation and closure of ticket.
- Ensure minimum data requirements are entered into the work order, such as the customer’s name, place of work (POC), nature of the trouble call or problem, date and time of the call, priority assigned or authorized, and work center assigned for repairs.
- Provide customers with the current status on work or services requested not later than the following intervals: (a) Priority (PRI) 02, once every 24 hours, (b) PRI 05, once every72hours, and, (c) PRI 12, once every 10 days. This status report shall include, at a minimum, status of repairs, status of any parts on order, and estimated completion date (ECD) for the customer’s work order. If the due date of the required update is a non-duty day, report on the next duty day. Furthermore, prior to final closure of any ticket contact the customer report the act of remediation and allow the customer to confirm restored operation.
- Provide workload factor data at the request of the Government. Minimally, work load factor data reports shall include: (a) priorities assigned for the period requested, (b) number of work orders in total for the period requested, and, (c) type of work orders in total for the period requested (e.g., system administration, radio maintenance, outside plant).
- Finally, develop a customer comment system (card or web- based) and provide it to every customer and track and report customer feedback.
- Responsible for the technical direction, leadership, training and may supervise and serve as a mentor for less experienced staff.
- May serve as the Site Lead Technician.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: HS or equiv, 6+ years of experience
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: MCSA Windows 10; Preferred: Security+ Certificate/CE; Remedy Training
CERTIFICATIONS DESIRED: ITIL certification
IT LEVELS/8570 CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: IT II and IAT I
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have an active Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.