SAIC is looking to fill a Software Support Specialist to assist with Systems Administration in support of our JRE Division in San Diego, CA.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting in Windows and *nix system administration and will work with continuous integration build pipelines such as Jira, Bamboo and Bitbucket.
The candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and be capable of working in an environment without established procedures.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining systems supporting our software development team as well as other team members. The applicants shall possess experience in one or more of the following areas: PC application analysis, system integration, software development and/or related disciplines. Must posses excellent scripting skills as well as have familiarity with various components of the CI/CD software build pipeline and version control systems like Git. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for developing and maintaining advanced scripts in Powershell and Bash. Prior experience working with virtualization technologies is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or AA degree in related discipline and nine (9) years of experience; or, High School and eleven (11) years related experience.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an interim secret clearance at a minimum.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience supporting Windows/Linux in a production / development environment.
- Experience working in a mixed-platform environment running both Linux and Microsoft systems.
- Experience working in a virtualized environment is a plus..
- Experience supporting multiple Linux variants and other UNIX based operating systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining Powershell, Bash, and/or C# scripts or applications.
- Good oral and written communication skills and is comfortable in group or small settings.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability