Deskside Service Technician will provide support and maintenance within the
organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing,
diagnosing and maintaining all desktop equipment, printers, audio/visual
conferencing equipment, software applications and mobile devices to ensure
optimal performance. Support will be performed in person (on-site users) or via
telephone/remote control (off-site users).
This role may temporarily work
remotely due to COVID-19.
- Ensure proper day-to-day
operation of technology applications and equipment by identifying,
researching and resolving technical problems.
- Provide deskside assistance to
resolve technology issues and provide how-to knowledge transfer to end
users on a variety of computer-related issues.
- Perform scheduled moves,
installations and cancellations, as well as other Move/Add/Change
- Provide quality level II
support for users with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical
knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or escalating and
coordinating efforts of other Information Technology staff.
- Solve technical issues and/or
investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and
seeking known solutions to more complex problems or issues. Must know when
to escalate issues not resolved at this level to management.
- Utilize ServiceNow for issue
tracking, ensuring all user requests for assistance are accompanied by a
ticket and all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls receive
- Ensure all tickets are resolved
within documented service levels.
- Interact with asset management,
network services, software systems engineering, applications development
and/or printer maintenance services to restore service and/or identify and
correct core problem.
- Assist in developing and
documenting improvements to current processes, creating/updating KAs and
- Possess excellent presentation,
verbal communication and written skills.
- Provide technology refresh
support as needed.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a deskside services
role supporting end users; troubleshooting and resolving all aspects of
computer hardware and software.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting Windows 10
and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2016).
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills, and be able to handle pressure.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial. Some moderately heavy lifting (computers, monitors, printers, etc.) is required.
- Must be able to obtain &
maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
Desired Experience & Certifications
- Dell hardware (laptop, desktop, tablet, 2-in-1) and Apple iPhone experience a plus.
- Experience supporting audio/video and video teleconferencing equipment a plus.
- CompTIA A+ Certification and/or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- This job is performed indoors in an office setting.
position requires the ability to move, carry, push, pull and/or lift up to 45
pounds, as well as climb under/around desks for cable management.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability