SAIC is currently looking to hire a Project Engineer to our team in San Diego, CA (able to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19).
Candidate will provide engineering and documentation support for an Engineering Team at a customer location. Efforts will be focused towards integration of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) electronics for military C4I systems. Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Leading multi-disciplinary technical teams of 1-5 people including mechanical, electrical, systems, and network engineers and drafters.
• Coordination between multiple technical and programmatic stakeholders to drive technical deliveries within scope and schedule for designs, technical data packages (TDP’s), and engineering developmental models (EDM’s).
• Identifying, documenting, and verifying system requirements with attention to shipboard, submarine, shore, and aircraft platform requirements.
• Guiding development, reviewing, and approving of designs and documentation for electronic equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies.
• Reviewing and approving detailed drawings and designs including detailed parts for manufacturing and integration.
• Reviewing and approving detailed cable fabrication drawings, interconnect diagrams, and assembly work instructions.
• Overseeing fit-check and quality assurance (QA) on prototype metal assemblies and supporting first article integration activities.
• Enforcing configuration management (CM) of engineering drawings and TDP elements including validation, review, approval, and incorporation of engineering change notices (ECN’s).
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 5 years of experience OR Masters Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Hardware Engineering or similar STEM field 3 years or more experience OR PhD in related field and 0 years experience.
• An Interim DoD Secret Clearance required, with the ability to obtain a final Secret Clearance.
• Working knowledge of ASME Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM) including ASME Y14.5, MIL-STD-31000, or other industry documentation standards.
• Candidate must be able to understand scope of work and lead technical teams to completion within established schedules.
• Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment to provide technical guidance and team leadership.
• Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Candidate must be able to accept directions and constructive criticism and also be able to professionally deliver direction and critiques.
• Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Minimum of 1 year cumulative experience in the design and fabrication of electronic enclosures and rack mount equipment.
• Experience in the development of systems hosted within EIA/ECA-310 racks desired.
• Familiarity with military environmental test standards including Navy shipboard shock, vibration, electromagnetic compatibility, power utilization, and COTS hardening desired.
• Experience with Solidworks software for review of 3D models and associated drawings.
• Experience with AutoCAD software for review of 2D models and associated drawings.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability