Operations Integration Engineer, Sr (Horizon)
Job ID: 2011518
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an experienced Operations Integration Engineer to provide systems engineering support to an operational space control operations floor.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis.
- Provides expert advice to the program manager on technical progress of the program.
- Performs systems engineering and integration and test functions with delivered system. Performs system modeling, simulation, and analysis with MBSE tools to conduct engineering assessments.
- Develops agent-based models and scenarios to simulate system performance and design to reference missions (DRMs).
- Supports developmental and operational test,
Supports daily operations and mission planning.
Supports integrating new capabilities onto the operations floor. Identifies system discrepancies and shortfalls.
Coordinates with the system operators to document requirements, operational needs, and action items.
Coordinates with the program office and statuses actions to closure.
Provides operator feedback to the program manager.
Documents and implements operational procedures and process improvements. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Experience in Systems Engineering; Experience with space system operations; Experience with integrating systems into operations
- Experience with developmental and operational testing
- Proficient with MATLAB, AGI Systems Tool Kit, Simulink
- Must be able to interface with all levels of
functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the
government program office
- Must be able to worked independently
- Active TS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination. Qualified applicants must possess a current and active Top Secret/SCI clearance with a current background investigation within 5 years and consent to a polygraph examination
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability