Operations Integration Engineer, Sr (Horizon)
Job ID: 2011518
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an experienced Operations Integration Engineer to provide systems engineering support to an operational space control operations floor.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis.
- Provides expert advice to the program manager on technical progress of the program.
- Performs systems engineering and integration and test functions with delivered system. Performs system modeling, simulation, and analysis with MBSE tools to conduct engineering assessments.
- Develops agent-based models and scenarios to simulate system performance and design to reference missions (DRMs).
- Supports developmental and operational test,
Supports daily operations and mission planning.
Supports integrating new capabilities onto the operations floor. Identifies system discrepancies and shortfalls.
Coordinates with the system operators to document requirements, operational needs, and action items.
Coordinates with the program office and statuses actions to closure.
Provides operator feedback to the program manager.
Documents and implements operational procedures and process improvements. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Experience in Systems Engineering; Experience with space system operations; Experience with integrating systems into operations
- Experience with developmental and operational testing
- Proficient with MATLAB, AGI Systems Tool Kit, Simulink
- Must be able to interface with all levels of
functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the
government program office
- Must be able to worked independently
- Must meet TS/SCI upgrade eligibility with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.