is seeking a forward-thinking senior cloud development engineer to join our
team in support of our GSA Enterprise Operations contract. Our vision at
SAIC is to be the premier technology integrator in our market by making a
profound difference supporting our customers’ missions.
This is a remote position.
While working from home, the successful
candidate will act as a hybrid cloud developer and play a critical role in establishing
a reliable, efficient, and secure hybrid cloud solution in support of GSA’s
mission. The candidate will work in an
Agile/DevOps environment and will have an in-depth understanding with demonstrable
experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Infrastructure as a
Service (IaaS) specifically within AWS.
- Provide design guidance during
discussions utilizing previous experience and industry best practices to
develop hybrid cloud services.
- Designs, plans, and integrates hybrid
cloud services using modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps
- Develops automation scripts/code
for efficient deployment and operations of cloud services utilizing Terraform
and Ansible or other configuration management tools.
- Maintains technical expertise,
relevant industry standards, and best practices in developing code for cloud
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud
and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and
- May also provide systems
engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements
Definition, Analysis, and Engineering.
- Ensures the logical and systematic
conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that
acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis,
timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface
definition studies to translate customer requirements into infrastructure and
- Develops creative technical
solutions to complex problems.
- Work is performed without
appreciable direction and reviewed for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in methods,
techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishes and recommends changes
- Familiar with Agile development
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors in engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree and nine (9) years or more experience; additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of IT experience
- 3 years of focused cloud
development programming/scripting experience utilizing Python, Golang, or a
- Experience automating cloud service
- General experience with
coding/scripting using Terraform and AWS CLI/SDK.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a
Code (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc.).
- Experience utilizing Github for
management of code and services.
- Experience managing AWS Identity
and Access Management (IAM).
- Experience integrating cloud
services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services
(AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, and administration
- General administration experience
of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Strong interpersonal and
communication skills with the ability to lead architectural and development discussions.
- Able to travel up to 5 percent. Position is remote/telecommute
based, 95 percent
- Must be a US
Citizen and possess a US “Public Trust” clearance, Secret (or higher)
clearance, or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Experience and Certifications
- Experience developing solutions
with Python or Golang.
- Experience with CircleCI.
- Experience using Trello and or Jira
for Agile project management.
- Experience utilizing Docker
- Experience with AWS GovCloud
desired, C2S strongly preferred.
- Experience developing workflow
integration between cloud platforms and ServiceNow.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability