SAIC has an immediate need for a Network Architect
to support the
Indicium Project Office for the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate, Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The candidate will represent Indicium Communications Engineering and Security (ICES) organization which provides a wide range of services and solutions for network and communications connectivity to the Missile Defense Agency testing program.
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Network Operations Manager with the design, implementation, and support of LAN/WAN networks and systems.
- Assists the Chief Engineer and Network Operations Manager with the development and maintenance and maintains network system and service configurations.
- Documents and troubleshoots network and system issues.
- Creates and maintains network diagrams and documentation.
- Tests and evaluates network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements.
- Assists with the configuration, implementation, and utilization of NetScout devices and other network monitoring tools
- Provide network monitoring, troubleshooting, and report during missile defense test events.
- Provide communications (Secure VoIP, Secure Chat) support during missile defense test events.
- Traveling to support various DoD test events.
- While traveling, configure network endpoints to include workstations and audio/visual endpoints (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.).
Required Education: Bachelors and nine (9) years of related experience; four (4) years experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
- Experience deploying and managing TACLANEs
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
- Travel for support (Up to 20% per year) to Huntsville, Alabama
- 2-3 trips per year (1 week duration)
- Experience deploying and managing firewalls (Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA)
- Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, ExtraHop, SolarWinds, etc.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux workstation and server configuration and operation
- Familiar with multicast network configuration and operation
- Familiar with Cisco Telephony and AV endpoints such as VoIP Phones and VTC Units
- Must be able to obtain an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability