SAIC has an immediate need for a Mission Engineer
to support the
Indicium Project Office for the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate, Redstone Arsenal/Huntsville, Alabama.
The candidate will represent Indicium Communications Engineering and Security (ICES) organization which provides a wide range of services and solutions for network and communications connectivity to the Missile Defense Agency testing program.
- Leading the effort to identify, collect, and refine support requirements for assigned Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) test events, in conjunction with the Event Operations Manager
- Acting as primary POC during status and planning meetings for assigned BMDS test events
- Creating and presenting briefing materials during status and planning meetings for assigned BMDS test events
- Acting as an integrator and working with a group of multidisciplinary engineers to ensure BMDS test event requirements are faithfully met
- Assisting the Event Operations Manager in the preparation and maintenance of funding ROMs for each assigned BMDS test event
- Providing BMDS systems engineering expertise in support of the Chief Engineer, Infrastructure Manager, and Event Operations Manager
Required Education: Bachelors and five (5) years of experience; four (4) years accepted in lieu of degree.
- BMDS systems engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products
- Demonstrated experience in the briefing of technical material to a varied audience
- Knowledge of MDA hierarchy and leadership structure
- Availability to work infrequent nights or weekends
- Travel for team support to Colorado Springs, CO
- 1-2 trips per year (1 week duration)
- Experience with MDA Ground and Flight Test program
- Experience with MDA Exercise program
- Must be able to obtain an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability