We are currently seeking an experienced Cloud Architect Developer with experience across multiple cloud technologies to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
The AWS Cloud Architect / Developer must have experience in development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments, specifically as an expert in AWS (preferable) or Azure or Google cloud services. Must have significant in depth understanding of and experience with the creation of and use of cloud based resources; as well as the migration of legacy systems to cloud. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, technical and performance issues. Experienced in taking program requirements and is able to create high volume and high availability networks and systems.
Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for developing and implementing design choices to software and system solutions, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Develops and implements solutions for the strategy and processes which will be used by NOAA to migrate applications and services to the AWS / Azure / Google cloud.
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities: Fills a role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and helps in providing support to production systems and respond to queries from clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
· Works closely with the PM, Lead Cloud Architect, NOAA stakeholders and SAIC team to develop Cloud based services to fulfill requirements and provide ongoing support
· Identifies opportunities for follow-on business and assists in creating change orders.
· Supports delivery of advisory services if required, strategic planning activities and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance.
· Leads or supports delivery of SAIC Area of Strength portfolio strategy presentations to clients including features, implementation approach, technical requirements, impacts, and benefits.
· Supports the development of technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
· Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to lead or support the technical portion of the bid process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component selection, development case definition and system integration approach.
· Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
· Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
· May refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
· Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
· Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
· Coordinates with other SAIC and client resources on all sized projects to develop the infrastructure architecture.
· Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
Service Delivery Responsibilities:
Fills an architect (technical and development) role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs based on SAIC portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution. Will contribute by designing, developing, testing and supporting Cloud based solutions.
• Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
• Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
• Interfaces to all levels of the client’s organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
• Promotes the use of SAIC standard SDF methods, tools and processes for the client engagement
• May develop and refine infrastructure design models using SAIC standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads or supports design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
• Works with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
• Assumes accountability for the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation of the full solution. This include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
• Provides input on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
• Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information
• May monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors People Management, and support the Lead Cloud Architect and the Project Manager
SCOPE: N/A LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: N/A KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Full time position, some travel required, preferably located in the Washington DC area to serve the NOAA Cloud program. May be required to assist with other proposals and delivery efforts for other customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and 9 years experience or equivalent required.
· One or more of the following cloud certifications (AWS Solution Architect Pro Certification, AWS Solution Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer)
· Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities Architect or developer certifications in AWS/Azure/GCP cloud technologies.
· Experience delivering solutions to Federal Civilian Agencies with major programs
· Cloud Architecture and Design Skills in either AWS (preferable), Azure, or Google Cloud
· Experience in Designing, Deploying and Supporting Cloud Management Platforms
· Cloud Application and Services Development, Implementation, Testing and proficiency in using Cloud Services (AWS and/or Azure preferred)
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master Degree
· Experience with Morpheus Cloud Management Platform would be helpful.
· Experience with CloudCheckr would be helpful.
· Experience with Multi-Cloud environments
· Multiple Cloud provider Certifications (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of deployment platforms.
Requires a Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability