Job ID: 2011582
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
- The VMware Administrator will support the full system engineering life- cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation of VMware.
- This includes: VMware, vSphere and View environments.
- Candidate must lead client/server operations and maintenance, configuration management installations, performance, capacity planning, office automation, system management, and problem Tier II ticket analysis.
- The VMware Administrator will perform the following activities:
- Responsible for making operational decisions within all VMware Suites associated with system/application activity and performance to ensure stability of the environment.
- Expertise planning, designing and leading a variety of complex project tasks applying knowledge of network protocols, architectures and configuration changes.
- Analyze data and provide reports and metrics as needed to support engineering requirements analysis and growth planning.
- Coordinate and assign all work through the use of designated ticketing system in use by the command.
- Ensure that the VMware system is optimized for the utilization of SAN storage and resource allocation.
- Candidate must be able to adhere to adverse schedules due to the nature of the missions supported by USCENTCOM.
- Expertise identifying, implementing and directing project based software or hardware upgrades while adhering to the USCENTCOM Change Management Process.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- IAT Level II certified (Security + CE)
- Experience in optimizing VMware for utilization of SAN storage.
- A minimum of 5+ years VMware enterprise level experience. Examples of enterprise experience may include: VMware HA or VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Experience implementing VMware with EMC storage.
- ESX 6.0 (vSphere) experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading the migration in excess of 1200+ virtual servers.
- Experience in configuring VMware clusters for ease of management, support of data bases, UNIX and Windows OS.
- Experience in designing VMware environments to scale to customer demands.
- Experience building VMware clusters.
- Domain Controller (DC)
- Active Directory (AD)
- Domain Name Server (DNS)
- Windows Server update Services (WSUS)
- System Management Server (SMS)
- Exchange o Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco UCS BLADE SERVER experience
- Windows 2003/2008 MCSA or current MCITP equivalent
- VMWare 5.x, VCP or higher certifications
- Windows 2008/2012 MCSA or current MCITP equivalent
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability