SAIC has an immediate need for a Software Engineering Manager to support the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) team onsite at S3I/Redstone, Huntsville, Alabama.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- Act as Scrum-of-Scrum Master for 2-3 teams to track cross-team dependencies and resolve barriers
- Facilitate Defect Triage meetings and manage the Issue Analysis process
- Conduct key formal peer reviews, collect key metrics to facilitate a learning organization
- Ensure Definition-of-Ready and Definition-of-Done criteria being met
- Facilitate common software requirements analysis across multiple projects
- Assist Chief Software Engineer and Technical Program Managers with overall continuous technical process improvements
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Experience leading multiple related projects in various stages of lifecycle through a rigorous engineering process
- Experience interfacing with other functional leads from Systems and Test Engineering
- Experience with Agile Toolsets for managing teams, tasks, user stories, and epics
- Experience adapting/tailoring processes to Agile/Lean principles
- Knowledge of CMMi, Earned Value Management helpful
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience [4 YOE accepted in lieu of degree].
Current or previous in-depth Software engineering experience, preferably with C++
Knowledge of Agile technical practices
Experience with various development environments, versioning tools, SCM
Knowledge of Software Architecture and Safety concerns helpful
Attention to detail and completeness
Assertive Communication skills
Systems thinker who views engineering organizations and the SDLC holistically from a system perspective with inputs and outputs
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability