The Solutions Technology Group within SAIC is seeking a high performing servant leader to direct strategic workforce activities within the Digital Platforms Practice. The selected candidate will have a long history of compassionate, empathetic, “people first” team leadership and a strong track record of attracting, inspiring, and retaining high performing teams. This is a telecommute-friendly team, so candidates must have experience managing remote, geographically dispersed teams. This is not a deep technical role, but experience leading IT-centric teams, particularly Cloud and Network Engineers, and having a basic understanding of their work and projects is strongly preferred.
· Attract, inspire, and retain the Digital Platforms “agile” team members who are responsible for Digital product development, proposal support, and solution-centric direct program delivery
· Develop and direct implementation of workforce optimization strategy to satisfy the current and future workforce needs of the practice; includes development and management of training plans, policies, and budgets
· Work at all levels and across multiple departments to provide subject matter experts to various initiatives
· Ensure all team members are assigned to meaningful work that is a good match with their skills and desires
· Identify, reward, and grow top performers; serve as a career progression mentor by providing feedback and advancement opportunities as appropriate
· Build and foster relationships across all areas of the enterprise to achieve organizational goals
· Work across multiple departments to establish operational CONOPS and processes in relevant areas
· Assist department VP with higher level financial planning and management such as annual operating plans, time sold and utilization of team members, merit and bonus planning and budgeting
· Assist department VP with pipeline tracking and identification, to include tracking bids/sales of solutions
· Manage team member performance, to include promotions, ratings, salary increases, and bonuses, as well as disciplinary actions and remediation as needed
· Conduct business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives
· 20+ years of Leadership experience, with progressive responsibility, including strategic planning and execution
· Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability, to include leading through significant organizational change
· 5+ years leading highly technical, top performing technical teams
· 3+ years of experience managing remote, geographically dispersed teams
· High levels of emotional intelligence, patience, ethics, and integrity
· Expert level written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to customers and executive leadership
· U.S. citizenship is required & candidate must be able to obtain and maintain up to a DoD Top Secret clearance as a condition of continued employment.
Strongly Desired attributes:
· IT product management experience
· Basic understanding of Cloud and Network oriented projects and solutions
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability