SAIC is looking for a subject matter expert in P-3/P-8 Maritime Patrol Reconnaissance Aircraft tactics and employment.
This position is in support of cutting-edge development of distributed synthetic aviation training programs at the Naval Aviation Distributed Training Center Pacific (NADTCPAC) located at Tactical Training Group Pacific (TTGP), in San Diego, CA.
NADTCPAC is the Navy’s first hub for connecting together similar and dissimilar type-model-series aviation simulators from around the world into a single coherent federation for training. NADTCPAC has already been in operation for over two years, has executed numerous events, and is continuing to experience a growing demand signal for advanced synthetic aviation training.The Maritime Patrol P-3/P-8 SME will:
- Provide MPRA tactics and employment SME support to the NADTC, TTGP, and AIRPAC in support of Fleet Synthetic Training- Aviation (FST-A) events
- Develop MPRA aspects of training scenarios, incorporating the latest doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures for P-3/P-8 aircraft employment and integration
- Create, test and employ Modeling and Simulation (M&S) playfiles for events, role-play aviation platforms, ships and staffs as required for events, and provide feedback to event instructors
- Liaise with MPRA and other squadrons, wings, and Navy warfare centers of excellence on NADTC capabilities and other developments in distributed aviation training (expect approximately 10% travel in this function)
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- Secret Level Security Clearance
- High School and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in planning, briefing, executing and debriefing MPRA aircraft missions.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft tactical employment as part of a larger force. Expertise in aircraft systems usage and integration.
- Experience in developing aviation training scenarios based on training objectives
- Experience operating and employing aviation simulators for training
- Experience operating warfare training M&S systems, such as simulator IOS consoles and systems
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability