Join SAIC’s team to assist the Federal Health agencies such as Veteran Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and Federal Drug Administration (FDA) implement an integrated system supporting health systems and facilities to deliver a single modernized system. The team will transition existing and proposed systems while maintaining IT service and support capabilities supporting large number of personnel who support the continuum of health services. This is a contingent position located in the National Capital Region of Washington DC.
The Chief Architect provides IT solutions, architecture, and roadmap expertise to translate an enterprise's strategy into a future enterprise infrastructure and a transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve that future state. The successful candidate has a broad experience with tooling, product integration, and innovation in DevSecOps, Cloud, end user services, and Artificial Intelligence.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, such as: business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and implementation.
- Owns the architecture, solution portfolio, and transformation roadmap artifacts for the enterprise and manages changes to them. Be able to develop the Technology Refresh Plan, present to and interact with internal team members and customer stakeholders
- Leads teams and interacts at a variety of points within the enterprise's governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan and technical solutions, to include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations. Be able to translate technical and operational requirements into management and delivery requirements to be exchanged with a variety of supporting entities. Brings experience working with senior leadership to facilitate organizational change (organizational change management).
- Designs, develops, and maintains current and future views and data describing the enterprise architecture and enterprise IT service delivery strategies. Researches and advises on the selection of technologies to include within the enterprise architecture, solutions, and roadmap. Conducts reviews and analyses of architectures and solutions to ensure compliance with enterprise policy. Provides analyses of potential changes to the Enterprise Architecture, Solutions, and Roadmap.
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure Enterprise Architecture, Solutions, and Roadmap policy compliance. Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter expert and other architects to implement reengineered business processes.
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance on enterprise processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, tools, and innovative solutions such as AIOps, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, and automation. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Has experience and expertise in the application of one or more common frameworks, such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Agile, Scrum and DevSecOps.
- Lead team on operational and industry best practices for service delivery and support, including Enterprise ITIL-based processes, such as problem management for recording, managing and eliminating recurrent or chronic failures, configuration baseline management and change control for recording and executing infrastructure changes identified as necessary to meet operational objectives; all while minimizing adverse risks to overall service availability and component and service capacity/demand management and availability management.
- Interacts with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior management and for external representatives.
- Be certified or have extensive experiences in cloud, cloud migration, hybrid infrastructure management, and optimization through automation using such as AWS, Azure, and others
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Previous experience in VA, DHA, and/or FDA strongly preferred
- Broad experience with tooling supporting product integration of systems such as Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Management (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager, SolarWinds, Splunk, and ServiceNow supporting a Multiprotocol Label Switching cloud network and AI technologies.
- Proven experiences for defining, designing and implementing a Change Management program.
- Experience in executing the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) framework including best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Agile, Scrum and DevSecOps.
- ITIL certification required
- PMP certification preferred
- AWS, Azure, and/or ServiceNow certification preferred
- Must have Secret clearance.
- CONUS/OCONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability