Provide network / security engineering and support for mission-critical applications and subcontracted network management services for wide area network, and local area network environments, including multiple client offices as part of a multi-year IT outsourcing contracts. Work with the Network Service Delivery Manager, this role will be responsible for the maintenance of high-quality network services while supporting the implementation of new systems and infrastructure upgrades in a dynamic environment. Provide hands-on technical support for WAN, LAN, proxy and security devices. Interface with key customer contacts, project managers, other service delivery managers and staff, subcontractors, support personnel, and other stakeholders. Directly execute network services projects, and operations activities. Interface with SAIC program and senior management in support of the achievement of service level, financial and technical objectives.
Bachelors and 5+ years’ experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Intermediate level knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion Detection/Prevention and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Associate level experience of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, and Static routing.
- Experience with Network Security technologies such as IPsec, SSL, and Client/Clientless solutions.
- Knowledge in preparing and providing network design, engineering and information security plans to support new and enhanced applications, architectures and standards.
- 3+ years’ experience with Network virtualization including VLAN, VRF, VPC, and VSS.
- Strong understanding of Layer 2 protocols; specifically STP, ARP, CDP, and LACP.
- Advanced understanding of security device architecture, engineering and installation/management.
- Demonstrate configuration level knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
- Proven past experience in a similar Network Engineer role and in an IT environment of similar scope and scale.
- Experience in WAN and LAN, datacenter routing, switching, firewall, load-balancing, WLAN and proxy technologies.
- Familiarity in load balancing and application delivery networking including legacy Cisco ACE, F5 BigIP and AVI Networks load balancers including Web Application Firewalls and Geographic Load Balancing.
- Firm knowledge of technologies such as DHCP, DNS, SSH, TCP, and UDP.
- Experience with Amazon AWS architecture and design including VPCs, EC2, S3, EFS, Storage Gateway, Cloudfront, Route 53.
- Experience with network virtualization including Cisco ACI and datacenter Flexpod infrastructure.
- Experienced in providing written technical recommendations relating to application development activities to optimize utilization of data and applications over networks.
- Experience in review of network related deliverables (e.g., requirements, solutions, specifications, designs and reports) prior to submission to customer.
- Knowledge of network security best practices and threat response.
- Firm understanding of QoS design and configuration.
Must be able to obtain secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability