SAIC is looking for an Active Directory (AD)/Azure Operations Team Member to support the NASA EAST Program in Huntsville, AL.
- Use technical skills to support customer facing troubleshooting and support.
- Candidate will present complex technical details to a large diverse stakeholder community.
- The candidate must be able to analyze business requirements and translate them into technology solutions.
- A successful candidate must have experience in designing, developing, configuring, and supporting AD infrastructure components (Forests, Domains, Site, Services, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), and Microsoft integrated DNS.
- The candidate will also deliver services for Microsoft Azure projects focused on Azure IaaS including, determine customer business, functional, and technical requirements and develop scoping and levels-of-effort; migrating on-premises services to Microsoft Azure; Automating Azure tasks using PowerShell and JSON templates.
- Overall the ideal candidate will have experience in working IT projects within a large enterprise environment leveraging a systems engineering approach.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Desired experience working in a fast paced environment with a career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience.
- Team Player with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The role requires interaction with different teams across the NASA Agency.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a “can do” attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through to tasks completion
- Able to work independently or within a support team with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Effective verbal, written communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to engage and escalate to the vendor for difficult or impactful issues
- Strong time management skills
- Continuous drive for improvement, Negotiation skills, Continuous desire to learn and Leadership skills are desired soft skills.
- Experience with design and supporting enterprise services, such as large AD/Azure environments.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Experience designing with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, and Windows Server 2016.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability