As part of its Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC)-II contract with NASA Johnson Space Center, SAIC is seeking talent to assist with Quality Engineering support to NASA’s Orion Program Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV) in Denver, CO.
The Quality Engineering Analyst position provides direct technical and analytical support to NASA to assist with the agency’s oversight and surveillance of contractors/sub-contractors involved with the design, development, fabrication, testing, and delivery of the Orion crew module. This position will be resident full-time in Denver, CO and will be in direct support of the NASA Quality and Flight Crew Equipment Division (NT) Orion Quality Lead.
- Perform surveillance of Orion contractors/sub-contractors per NASA standards/requirements
- Supply technical assessments to identify Government Mandatory Inspection Points (GMIPs) of Orion hardware end items and associated manufacturing process steps
- Assist NASA in technical reviews toward the formal acceptance of Orion hardware deliverables
- Employ a risk-based and continuous improvement approach to help the NASA/NT Orion Quality Lead refine the overall pedigree of the Orion Program’s prime contractor and supply chain Quality systems
- The results of such efforts will be used during daily/weekly discussions and decisional meetings pertaining to Quality issues and for the identification of adverse trends/risks in the overall Quality systems/processes for Orion’s supply chain.
- The position develops (and possibly presents) reports that demonstrate the results of analyses, interpret the results, explain any associated trends/risks, and assist the Orion Quality Lead with determination of potential corrective actions. The position interfaces with senior NASA, Orion Program, the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), and contractor/sub-contractor Quality management. As a result, the position requires someone with the following soft-skill characteristics: outstanding written/oral communications skills, presentation capabilities, self-motivated, and strong interpersonal interaction and communication skills.
- Manned spacecraft critical system knowledge (e.g., environmental control & life support systems, propulsion, pyrotechnics, structures & mechanisms, etc.)
- A working understanding of the contractor/sub-contractor supply chain for major aerospace projects, experience with review of as-built vs. as-designed data toward hardware acceptance activities, and the ability to review and assess contractor/sub-contractor processes to determine adequacy.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical). Other degrees (Aerospace/Aeronautical or STEM) will be considered along with relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience OR Master’s Degree and 3 years’ experience OR a PhD and zero.
- 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Competency in database utilization – data entry, data reporting, and data analysis
- PC literacy with proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong presentation skills in technical forums as well as superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility regarding changes in task assignments and deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of technical teams.
- Experience using electronic Quality data/documentation systems.
- Ability to receive and execute specific assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with NASA customer, peers, and manager/supervisor.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Must be willing to travel (< 5%). Travel includes visits to NASA Johnson Space Center for customer meetings/events and to Orion contractor/sub-contractor locations for surveillance-related activities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability