Job ID: 2011230
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 16, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Web Design
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
Overall Assignment Description:
The OCC/OCCV Visual Communications Division requires Web Design Principal Level 4. The contractor shall provide support for the OCC/OCCV Visual Communications Division by applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Computer Science, Programming); web development technologies (ColdFusion, C#, Java, and PHP); APIs or web service technologies (e.g., REST APIs, SOAP, and XML); and browser-based technologies and libraries (e.g. AJAX, jQuery, Angular, Handlebars, Bootstrap or similar design and HTML templating frameworks). Requirements are to:
Duties may include:
· Maintain legacy ColdFusion and C# applications and work within the office and across the agency to migrate existing code to more modern, sustainable solutions.
· Maintain legacy Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server databases.
· Regularly update legacy applications with current content, based on guidance and input from division (OCCV) and office (OCC) leadership.
· Institute regular backup routines for legacy content and data until applications migrate to a more institutional, sustainable solution.
· Document — both inline and external documents — code, database connections, external touchpoints, table structures, etc. for all legacy applications and databases.
· Work with OCCV designers to develop and deploy new, modern front end interfaces to current applications.
· Research and, once accepted by OCCV leadership, implement modern web design technologies to incrementally improve user interfaces and workflow efficiencies.
· Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
· Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
· Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness, and other web best practices.
· Work with OCCV designers to create intuitive user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations into web applications.
· Utilize the NGA DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
· Build efficient and reusable resource and guidance libraries for future design use.
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
· Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA’s content management system (permissions, api, web parts).
· Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services and REST of multiple systems including Microsoft SharePoint. Possess associated technical knowledge of admin and servers associated with SharePoint such as SQL Server administration, Windows Server Administration, active directory control, etc.
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
· Demonstrated experience developing, deploying, and maintaining ColdFusion, C#, Java, and PHP applications.
· Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server databases.
· Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
· Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
· Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
Education: Level 4
Experience and detailed knowledge of the full functionality of Adobe Master Collection CS5 graphic design software, and the designing of products for printing on digital press and web. Knowledgeable in developing and implementing creative visual and strategic solutions from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
Certificate and/or bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience within field
11 - 14 years
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability