We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Cloud Architect to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems. Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems. Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling. Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services. May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA) . Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
· Architect develop or refine infrastructure, platform and software solutions based on client requirements and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
· Work with client stakeholders, lines of business users and departments to discover Cloud requirements and recommend optimal infrastructure, platform and solution architectures involving the leading Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure and Google.
· Work with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
· Act as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
· Develop and refine infrastructure design models using SAIC standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Lead and conduct internal project reviews.
· Interfaces with different levels of the client's organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
· Work with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
· Assume accountability for the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation of the full solution.
· Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information.
Monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors
· Assign and review tasks, mentor engineers and architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
Full time position, some travel required, preferably located in the Washington DC, Reston, VA or Silver Springs, MD area to serve the NOAA Cloud program.
Bachelors and 18 years of related industry experience. Master's degree in Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and 14 years’ experience required.
Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities
Senior level (professional preferred) Architect and/or developer certifications in AWS, Azure cloud and Google Cloud Platform technologies. Experience with Google cloud technologies a plus.
Experience delivering solutions to major Federal Programs, and agencies or equivalent in Public Sector, and intimate familiarity with compliance, regulatory, security and networking requirements.
Experience with Morpheus Cloud Management Platform highly preferred.
Requires a Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability