SAIC is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to help support our NASA EAST program in Huntsville, AL.
Would you like helping NASA connect with their huge volume of structured and unstructured data? Are you interested in joining a smart, innovative team in an exploratory and fun environment? Do you enjoy coding, but also like working with engineers to solve their business problems? Do you thrive on the challenge and variety that comes with of rapid and agile projects across multiple customers? Do you have a strong willingness to learn?
- The Sr. Data Scientist will lead the customize agile projects to meet specific requirements, such as custom data visuals or connection to novel data sources and formats.
- The Engineer will receive training on NASA’s Sinequa, Alteryx, and Tableau software platform, advanced technology (Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Data Modeling) and tools (Spark, TensorFlow).
- Organize and lead development team in delivering on the technical requirements and success criteria for NASA customers by working with the customer and with the team’s data science platforms (Sinequa, Alteryx, Tableau) and other technologies to meet customer’s needs.
- Give presentations and answer detailed questions on the technical aspects of Sinequa, Alteryx, and Tableau – architecture, operation, and capabilities
- Plan and help coordinate staff efforts, coach Solution Engineers, development team, define best practices and promote knowledge sharing to grow the team’s ability
- Organize and lead team to deliver capabilities using the Sinequa, Alteryx, or Tableau platforms including connecting to new data sources, index and analyze documents, optimize searches, and improving the user interface to best present results to NASA workers and NASA customers.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience in using/developing complex enterprise platforms and applications
- Deep understanding of the Microsoft Windows operating system and high proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Experience working in technical areas including structured data, analytics, SQL
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Experience in designing software UI and UX focused on user needs and business use cases
- Experience with search and search platforms
- Experience with analytics, business intelligence, or data science (Qlik, Tableau a plus)
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Big Data, (Virtual Big Data structures such as used in Denodo)
- Experience with unstructured data (NLP, text processing)
- Experience or formal training in databases and structured data (SQL SVR, Oracle)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability