Job ID: 2011208
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Admin
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Database Architect to join our team in Alexandria VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC and CBP.
• Develop an understanding of the customer’s data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
• Execute complex SQL queries of large Oracle table(s) efficiently. (Note: Advanced command of SQL is important – beyond just simple PROC SQL commands in SAS to include perhaps something like Toad or Oracle SQL Developer.)
• Obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in Oracle databases – using SQL and other data mining tools/techniques
• Provide accuracy and biometric sample quality based on machine learning and statistical analyses
• Lead DBA for Amazon RDS/Cloud DB
• Provide Cloud DB sizing recommendations
• Provide data modeling including schemas, tables, indexing…etc
• Create/manage DDL and DML for multiple databases
• Work with DBA leads for other databases
• Support developers with recommendations
Required Experience and Skills:
• BS Degree in (Computer Science, Engineering, etc) and 9 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with developing predictive models on accuracy using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
• Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
• Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, etc.).
• Perform the above tasks using Python or R.
• Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
• Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Expertise in PL/SQL including optimization/permission
• Ability to be a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer’s mission.
• Ability to generate written documentation of all work performed.
• Have a customer-focused demeanor.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand and analyze data models – how the data is stored in relational databases
• Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
• Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
• Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
• Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment
Preferred Experiences and Skills:
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – calculating FAR/FMR, FRR/FNMR, TAR, TNR and False Alarm Rate.
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to biometric performance using ROC, DET, CMC curves, Identification and detection rate curves and so forth.
• Conceptual understanding and knowledge of ISO/IEC 19795-1:2006 (or ISO/IEC NP 19795-1).
• Advanced – Master’s degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
• Clearance - Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust before starting work.
• Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
• LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability